【推薦本文原因】
職場上,免不了必要的交際應酬。假如今天剛好到國外出差、或是外國客戶來參訪,該如何使用英文,應對才能顯得得體又大方呢?與客戶交際應酬一向是拉談生意的好時機,但是要注意與外國客戶接洽時,由於東西方的文化不同,會有一些需要注意的地方。該怎麼使用正確的英文來應答呢?萬一說錯話造成誤會可就糟糕了。但是別擔心,記住以下這些重點,應對大方又得體。
內容目錄
一、1分鐘單字速速記 Vocabulary
- to pick up the tab (phrs. v.) 買單
- booze (informal / n.) 酒(非正式)
- stray (v.) 離題
- debate (n.) 談論
- heated discussion (n.) 激論
- sticky situation (n.) 棘手的情況
- novice (n.) 新手
- one’s take on something (phrs.) 一個人對某件情況的見解
- intoxicating (adj.) 令人陶醉的,令人極其興奮的
- to bite off more than one can chew (phrs. v.) 承擔力所不及的事;不自量力
- designated driver (DD) (n.) 指定司機(指一群人中同意不喝酒並負責開車接送他人去往或離開聚會場所的人)
- wasted (informal / adj.) 爛醉如泥的
- customary (adj.) 傳統的;慣常的
- to foot the bill (phrs. v.) 買單
- to play it by ear (phrs. v.) 見機行事
二、交際應酬注意事項與小技巧 Precautions & Tips
當你在商場上交際時,知道該如何在用餐或是應酬中適當地招待他人可能會是非常棘手的問題。這與你朋友之間日常的杯酒交歡是天差地遠的。如果你是一位菜鳥,不仿參考一下我們提供的建議跟秘訣吧!
1. Better safe than sorry! 有備無患
Always stray away from taboo topics, even if it’s not the first meeting, just to be on the safe side! These topics may cause unwanted debates, heated discussions, and other possible sticky situations that you might have a hard time getting out of. These taboo topics include (but not limited to): religion, politics, personal information (salary, weight, age, etc.)
為了安全起見,就算不是第一次見面,千萬不要談到禁忌的話題!這些話題可能會引起不必要的爭辯、激論或是你可能就此難以擺脫其他棘手的情況。這些禁忌的話題(但不僅限於)包括:宗教,政治,個人資訊(工資,體重,年齡等)。
2. Please and thank you. 常說「請」跟「謝謝」
Manners, people, manners! ‘Please’ and ‘thank you’ go a long way. This should be applied to all kinds of socializing, not just for business!
禮貌啊!禮貌!簡單的「please」和「thank you」總是會讓人家對你的印象加分。這可以用在各種類型的社交場合,不僅在於商業上。
3. Don’t hog the mic! 別霸佔主場!
Include others in your conversation. Positive and effective discussions are always at least two-way. You can try asking the following to get others involved in the discussion:
讓別人加入你的話題圈吧。積極且有效的談話都至少要是雙向的。你可以試試看用以下的方式來詢問,好讓其他人參與討論:
“That’s just my take on the situation, but what do you think?”
這只是我對此情況的見解,但您怎麼看?
“I would love to hear your thoughts on this.”
我很想聽聽看您對這個的想法。
4. Take it easy on the booze. 別喝到爛醉
Understanding your alcohol tolerance is more important than ever when your business social events involve intoxicating substances (namely alcohol). In some cultures, drinking alcoholic beverages is inevitable for successful business socializing, but never bite off more than you can chew. Here are a few ways to refuse [more] booze:
當你的社交活動上有令人陶醉的物質(即酒)時,了解自己的酒量比以往任何時候都來的更重要。在某一些國家,基於在社交上取得成功,喝酒是無法避免的事,但不要不自量力。以下是拒絕喝(過多)酒的幾種方法:
“I think I’m done.” / “I’m pretty wasted/buzzed already.” / “I think that’s enough for me.”
我覺得我不行了。/我已經蠻醉/茫了。/我覺得這樣已經夠了。
“Thanks, but I’m the DD tonight!”
謝謝,但今晚我是指定司機!
5. Who’s picking up the tab? 誰來買單?
If you are the host of the event or the inviter, it’s pretty customary for you to foot the bill. Make sure you make the appropriate arrangements to avoid awkward situations. For example, you can pay for the bill when your guest goes to the toilet, or go to the cashier to pay on your way to the toilet.
如果你方是這次的主持人或是邀請人,那麼由你〔們〕來買單是非常習以為常的事情。務必確保你做出適當的安排,以避免尷尬的情況發生。例如:你可以在你的客人去上廁所時去買單,或者你在前往廁所的路上順便去收銀台付款。
三、交際應酬常用句型 Common Phrases
While we can’t predict the kind of situation you’ll run into at your next business social event, we have a few common phrases that might come in handy for you under different circumstances:雖然我們無法預測你會遇到什麼應酬情況,但是我們有為你準備一些可能會在不同情況下派上用場的對話句型:
Asking your guests about any preferences they may have. 詢問你的客人關於他們有的任何喜好
Are you allergic to anything? Vegan or vegetarian?”
您對甚麼東西過敏嗎?純素食者還是素食者?
“Are there any types of cuisine you prefer or absolutely do not want?”
有什麼比較喜歡或是完全無法接受的料理嗎?
“Shall we play it by ear or would you like me to pick the place?”
我們要見機行事還是想要我選個地方?
Small talk and ice breaking. 閒聊和破冰
“Why did you decide to become a(n) ______?”
您為什麼決定成為一位______?
“So how long have you been with the company?”
那您在這家公司工作多久了?
“What do you think would be the greatest challenge for this project?”
您認為這個案子會面臨的最大挑戰是什麼?
Wrapping things up. 圓滿完成
“I think that was a very constructive discussion, let’s follow up next week.”
我認為這次是個非常有建設性的討論,讓我們下禮拜跟進。
“This has been a very interesting conversation. If it’s okay with you, I would like to keep in touch. Here’s my business card.”
我覺得這次的話題非常有趣。 如果您不介意的話,我想與您保持聯繫。 這是我的名片。
“This was lovely and it was great meeting you. If you ever need help regarding your business, please feel free to contact me.”
很高興見到您。 如果您需要有關業務上的協助,請隨時與我聯繫。
其實沒有一個適用於所有商業社交情節的通用手冊。 我們必須考慮當地的文化和習俗、企業的性質、環境、甚至一天中的各個時段!然而,上面提供的指示是非常保守安全的,可以幫助你完成第一次商業上的社交活動。也可以跟我們分享一下你的商業社交活動上的經歷喔!
六書堂數位學習
Medium 今日Summary <為您推薦>
文章由【六書堂數位學習】授權提供今日使用,原文文章標題為【英文商業交際應酬,你不得不知的禮尚往來小技巧!
】,版權歸【六書堂數位學習】所有,欲轉載請聯繫原發布單位,經今日彙集整理,部分內容為今日創作,未經授權不得轉載。圖片來源:pexels
1. Better safe than sorry! 有備無患
安全起見,就算不是第一次見面,也不要談到禁忌的話題!例如:宗教,政治,個人資訊(工資,體重,年齡等)。
2. Please and thank you. 常說「請」跟「謝謝」
可以讓人家對你的印象加分。
3. Don’t hog the mic! 別霸佔主場!
積極且有效的談話都至少要是雙向的。讓其他人參與討論
4. Take it easy on the booze. 別喝到爛醉
喝酒雖然有時候是無法避免的事,但不要不自量力。
5. Who’s picking up the tab? 誰來買單?
如果是這次的主持人或是邀請人,來買單是非常習以為常的事情。
- 【生活英文】Pardon me?怎麼叫別人再講一次?10個實用英文句型
- 【實用英文】要怎麼用英文搭訕?16個超好用英文搭訕句型
- 【職場英文】「Do you understand?」為何會讓別人覺得很失禮?